Covered in layers of miso butter, this fragrant savory corn on the cob will make a new barbeque favorite for this summer.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 15 min
Ingredients (SERVES 4)
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 scallion, chopped
Honey Miso Butter
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp Organic Miso Saikyo Sweet
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Strip the husks away from the top of the corn to the base, like peeling a banana. Leave the husk attached at the stem end (or you can completely discard it).
- Remove the corn silk and fold the husk back over the stalk. Tie the husk with string or a strip of husk to form a handle.
- Mix all ingredients for honey miso butter and set aside.
- Heat an outdoor grill to high. Spray the grates with cooking spray or soak a paper towel in olive oil and rub over grates several times until coated.
- Place the corn on the grill and put a sheet of aluminum foil under the husk to keep the husks from burning.
- Brush the corn with the honey miso butter as it grills. The ears are cooked when golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve with extra honey miso butter as option.
“ Quick Tip: It’s easier to husk corn under running water. ”
Organic Miso Saikyo Sweet
This beautiful white miso gives dishes an appealing color, perfect for use in Japan’s exquisite kaiseki cuisine. The delicate sweetness of this miso highlights the flavor of fish, meat, and vegetables when used in marinades or in sauces. NET WT. 17.6 oz ( 500g ) *Gluten free